These features may be added in the future.
- Hand or brush placement of objects. Placement of objects currently can only be done procedurally.
- Occlusion culling. GPU Grass does frustum culling only. Occlusion culling may be added in the future. Also current culling does not take shadows into account but this may also be added in the future.
- Shader Limitations. A single shader is provided with features that can be turned on and off. This shader is optimized for speed over quality.
- Normal maps are not supported.
- PBR shading.
- Intersecting objects. If you have multiple types of objects they may be placed on top of each other.
- Biomes. GPU Grass manager cannot blend between settings.
- Transparency. Opaque or alpha test only.
- Editor undo.
- Save settings while in play mode.
- Non random rotation. Objects are randomly rotated around y. X and Z rotations are 0.
These are features that GPU Grass cannot do.
- Collision. Because everyting happens on the GPU based on masks collision cannot be generated for objects rendered with GPU Grass. The CPU does not know the position of size of objects.
- Shader graph. Unity's shader graph does not currently support shaders that use instancing.